Friday, January 30, 2015

One Mere Month

We're now less than a month away from our next cruise.  Eek!


This is stressing me out like no other cruise - because of my weight gain.  I know it's actually quite silly to be so perturbed over ten pounds...but I was in the best shape of my life - or in recent memory - at the beginning of November.  And now I seem to have no control over my weight.  It's making me despair in a very new way.

If you know me, you know I'm a control freak and a bit OCD.  Even though I heard the endocrinologist say that she just had to get my thyroid dosage right, my brain still wants to do something.  It wants control.  And so I'm working out like crazy and when I can get to the rec center at lunch, I do - usually 3-4 times a week.  

I'm seeing results - my arms and legs seem to be firming up in new ways - but not in the way I want: on the scale.  So wish me luck!  I have to get into a bikini in less than a month.  Hopefully, without my new tummy.

No comments: